Attorney Profile RESUME OF JOHN S. PRESTON
RESUME OF JOHN S. PRESTON
BAR & ADDITIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Member of Wisconsin and California State Bar Associations: (Alameda
County Bar and Contra Costa Bar) as well as Federal Courts therein. Courts therein.
- Member (New York Stock Exchange) NYSE, Arbitration and Mediation
Panels, (Pacific Stock Exchange) PSE, Alameda, SF, and Contra Costa Counties arbitration
and mediation Panels; Previous member of American Arbitration Association Arbitration
& Mediation panels
- (1992)— California Real Estate Broker’s License; Active for 10 years
Member, California Association of Realtors, Legal Forum
- (1972)-- J.D., University of Wisconsin:
- Member, Wisconsin Law Review
- (1969)-- B.A., Syracuse University, Economics
- 1991-1996: Completion of AAA advanced arbitration and mediation courses;
Completion of ACBA and SF Bar advanced mediation seminars; Completion of NYSE and
PSE mediation and arbitration seminars.
- Have conducted in excess 500 arbitrations and mediations since 1992.
Many of these ADR proceedings involved multiple parties and complex issues of civil
law, personal injury lawsuits, insurance coverage issues, assessing damages after
liability was established, business issues, contractual disputes, real property
issues and complex damages.
- My practice is now focusing on arbitrations and mediations.
- History: Private practice including all aspects real estate &
business law, insurance coverage issues, numerous mediations and arbitrations, numerous
residential transactions, commercial leasing, financing issues, guarantees, disclosure,
mediation, and civil litigation. Represent Oakland Association of Realtors as well
as dozens of brokers statewide. Additional practice of law generally involving real
estate transactions as well as securities issues, e.g., drafting prospectuses for
syndications, limited partnerships. Conducted in excess 14 trials--including a 6-month
jury trial re defective condominium project. Additionally, conducted over 500 arbitrations
& mediations for California Superior Courts, the AAA & NYSE & PSE.
(1988 - 1981)
- Principal of International Private Investment Banking Firm:
Genesis Group was primarily involved in saleGenesis Group was primarily involved
in sales and development of USA real estate and other business transactions between
the USA and Japan. Genesis Group had closed in excess of $10,000,000 in real property
- General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer for Fayette Manufacturing
Corp., and the limited Partnerships known as Wind Energy Technology Associates I
& II & III. Fayette achieved over $150,000,000 in sales over a four year period.
Responsibilities included litigation, negotiation, drafting, development, structuring,
and legal analysis of all aspects of multi-million dollar transactions, including
land leases and utility easements.
- These aspects include real estate, land leases, financings,These
aspects include real estate, land leases, financings, and civil & business litigation,
drafting of financing agreements, commercial loans, and the drafting of investment
prospectuses for syndication and limited partnership agreements. Also included was
the importation of over $5,000,000 in Danish equipment to The USA.
- (1981 - 1978) ith the Law Firm of Touhey & Prosse, Santa Ana, California.
Practice Associate with the Law Firm of Touhey & Prosse, Santa Ana, California.
Practice consisted exclusively of litigation and general business law. Largest trial
involved dispute concerning 170 condominiums and consisted of over 130 plaintiffs,
30 depositions, 2000 exhibits, and all aspects of real property issues and practice
of a protracted litigation.
- (1977-1973)onsin. Responsibilities included all aspects of legal
practice relevant to a large institution, including contracts, litigation, and public
Available upon request.
Copyright © 2012 by John S. Preston.
All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your
own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this